I attended the Art of Elysium 5th Annual Halloween 2010 Ball on 10/30/2010. It was in a shady part of Los Angeles. I convinced my LOTR friend to go along with me. I dressed up in my masquerade costume I made last year. She was a Japanese/Chinese fighter. We don't really know which on.
We did not get traffic at all so we were super early. Having 1 hour to kill we stopped by Little Tokyo. Walking around in the costume was extremely odd. Everyone was starring.
When we got to the event, there weren't that many people yet. We stayed in the car for 20 minutes before getting out. The place was huge inside. Loads of seating and a back room. The back room had the silent auction. The way the deejay was set up everyone could see. When we got there Elijah was already playing music. He played one of the same songs that he did at Amoeba. He was cute, wearing a bowtie. I still don't know what his costume was. My friend suggested James Bond. It was awkward taking photos, as not many people were there yet. Elijah also played "I always feel like, somebody's watching me". This song was so meant for me.
My friend and I started dancing, and yes, we were towards the front so I could eye him. When Elijah's set was over, he went to the back room. He did not come out for a while. At this point I had thought he left. I did not know the song we were dancing to so we thought we'd walk around. As we walking around, Elijah walked right behind me. I wasn't going to bug him, but he seemed eager to leave. He was walking away when I hesitated to tap his shoulder. I mean, I pulled my hand back. I tapped him, he turned around and I kindly asked "Elijah, can I get a photo." Elijah has never been rude to me, even knowing that I'm at everyone of his events. I had my mask on, but I'm positive he knew who I was. :/ My friend said "Hi". He said "Hi" back. I handed my friend the camera to take the photo. We were about to pose when a hostess was walking by with a big case of ice. Elijah grabbed my waste gently and guided me to the side to we did not get hit. In my head I was screaming thank god, oh my he's holding me close. The picture came out really well. I did say "Thank you" and he turned around and poof was gone. Elijah left the party. Good thing too, or I would have not met him. I did NOT get to talk to him. I wanted to say, congrats on getting Wilfred picked up. It was on the tip of my tongue. But in crowded place like that it was hard. He seemed like he did not want to be there for the wild dancing stuff.
I danced the night away. So many people complimented me on my costume. So cool. Raviv Ulman (Phil of the Future) was a deejay too. He played more dance music. And then played some funky music. Thriller, Time Warp. Fun. My feet hurt so bad. I can not do heels like the hoochie girls. Just not me. I put on my tennis shoes at the end. We were def dancing next to celebrities, I just couldn't tell who because they were in costume. You could just recognize them and be like, they look familiar.
All in all, a fun night that I will not forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment